The Hexenbürgermeisterhaus is a significant historical building in the architectural style of renaissance in the area around the Weser River. From a touristic point of view, the house is one of the most important points of interest in the city of Lemgo since it is a historical building and a museum at the same time.
The house was built as a merchant's house in the late 16th century. Up until the early 20th century it was private property. Since 1926, the house has been transformed into a museum in the course of several construction phases.
After the extensive restoration project, the traces of more than 400 years of building and utilization history can be found in the Hexenbürgermeisterhaus in a way that is very rare in residential houses of the 16th century.